Media giant Nine Entertainment’s broadcast systems were hit by a major cyber-attack in the early hours of Sunday morning, following which it requested the assistance of the government.
Assistant Minister for Defence Andrew Hastie said he was not surprised about the attack on Nine’s live broadcasting operations and print production systems, adding that it was a warning to all businesses that they needed to stay alert for potential security threats.
Incoming Nine chief executive Mike Sneesby confirmed the news of the attack on Sunday night. The company’s director of people and culture Vanessa Morley said in a statement that they won’t be able to bring their systems back to normal for some time and directed their staff to work from home for an indefinite period of time. There are still no clues as to the origin and motive of the attacker, however, no requests for ransom have been made so far.
We offer next-gen security and end-point protection services to ensure your home and business is safe at all times. Contact Kelly today.